About Six Degrees Medical Consulting
For over a decade, our medical communication programs have helped clients optimize their brand, disease and corporate objectives. Building client relationships that last, our team brings intuitive strategy, tactical innovation and executional excellence to every project. At Six Degrees Medical, our scientific experts and strategists create engaging, credible and compelling clinical content to best represent our clients’ data and scientific story.
Our team of experienced medical writers provide support to numerous departments including medical affairs, trial operations, and market access. Our expertise in clinical development, regulatory affairs, and clinical operations, allows us to effortlessly navigate the shifting healthcare and payer landscapes. We have cultivated a content team that is rich in knowledge and creativity so that we effortlessly become an extension of our clients’ teams.
Senior Medical Writer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The Senior Medical Writer is responsible for developing innovative, high-quality scientific content strategy for projects and partnering with clients to create impactful programs that help educate their target audience.
Key Result Areas:
- Content Development and Delivery of Projects
- Building & Maintaining Client Relationships
- Organizational & People Leadership
Content Development and Delivery of Projects
- Contributes to and provides strategic insight into the development of content for RFPs, attends pitch meetings.
- Manages the development of scientific content including slide deck development and other medical related content.
- Collaborates on the design, development, and refinement of content for live, online and other training programs and initiatives.
- Leads meeting rehearsals with speakers and clients; prepares meeting reports
- Serves as the contact person with the client and other stakeholders (on all matters relating to content development.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on regulatory requirements ensuring project teams and clients remain in compliance.
- MSc or PhD in life science, medical, pharmaceutical or relevant fields
- 4-8 years’ experience in related fields such as pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical communications
Knowledge, Skills & Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge of the global Pharma industry and the associated regulatory and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of the global drug development process and product market needs
- Knowledge of/ability to research and learn about the medical specialties of client base
- Ability to analyze critically and synthesize complex scientific information
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Expert facilitation skills
- Demonstrates awareness of the cultural diversity of the participating clients/delegates in various events and plans/responds appropriately
- Operates comfortably under pressure, stays focused on accomplishing results during periods of high stress
- Team player; interrelates and operates effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding work environment
- Builds relationships by building trust, credibility, and respect with clients/members of the medical community
- Creative thinking skills to visualize and tell a story with words and graphics
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills to convey messages effectively
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Integrity, positive attitude, and self-directed with demonstrated passion for excellence
- Expert MS Office skills with a special focus on, presentations, graphics, and templates.
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote “Sr. Medical Writer” in the subject line of your email.