As our Meeting Manager, you are responsible for supporting with the delivery of successful global virtual and/or face-to-face meetings and events by preparing and coordinating all the logistical aspects of the project from budget setting to online registration, arranging for flights, hotels , AV, negotiating contractors with 3rd party vendors through to post event follow up items such as preparing and completing expense and evaluation reports.
Your Main Responsibilities will include:
Pre-Meeting Planning, Budget Management & Vendor Sourcing
- Preparing budget and timeline estimates by gathering logistical data for projects/events and their associated cost estimates. Using this information to prepare reports for the PM and other senior leaders for their review and approval
- Coordinating program specs and contracts with third party vendors based on client requirements. Soliciting proposals and recommending a suitable venue for review and approval by Project Leads. Ensuring all meeting needs are met, venue is in compliance with regulatory restrictions and all possible concessions have been negotiated
- Using Cvent for invitations, hosting content, registration, tracking attendees, attending information, survey distribution, etc.
- Completing technical checks with speakers in advance to ensure they are familiar with and comfortable with the platform, and proactively resolve any issues
Meeting Management and Working with Clients and Vendors
- Staying informed of client requirements and any changes through participation in weekly update meetings
- Managing third-party vendors with the support of the project team and responding to last-minute changes
- For face-to-face events, sourcing local vendors/suppliers in the hosting country to satisfy the meeting/events’ AV, printing, and ground transportation needs. Negotiating best prices and ensuring materials are produced and delivered within established deadlines.
- Preparing and assembling delegate packages for distribution during the meeting/event.
- Interacting with speakers, clients and attendees (or their EA’s) to ensure their participation and logistical requirements including consultancy agreements are prepared and signed
- Facilitating traffic virtually or on site through the various workshop rotations, breakouts sessions, directing people to the various rooms to which they’ve been assigned
- Working with the project team in gathering meeting evaluations and preparing evaluation summaries and reports
- Staying up to date with regulatory and compliance related restrictions within the hosting countries to ensure no violations with respect to travel, venues and catering restrictions (i.e. economy versus first class)
- Consolidating expenses and other financial related material and ensuring timely payment.
You will have:
- Post-Secondary Education and CMP designation
- At least 2 years of logistics experience, preferably in an agency supporting Health Sciences or the Pharmaceutical industry
- At least 2 years of experience using Cvent
- Knowledge of and familiarity with online platforms (such as Cisco, GoToMeeting, Zoom), virtual environments and polling applications
- Experience with managing virtual events and/or meetings
- Knowledge of the budgeting and estimating process
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance environment of the pharmaceutical industry and within hosting countries
- Experience working professionally and effectively with diverse groups and individuals i.e. third-party contractors and negotiations – locally and globally
- Strong organizational skills; sets priorities to meet operational deadlines; juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Passion for working in a team environment coupled with strong communication skills
- Integrity, positive attitude, confidence, speed and be self-directed with a passion for Six Degrees Medical’s vision and mission and committed to working collaboratively with a team of senior professionals.
At Six Degrees Medical, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodations at any point in the selection or recruitment process, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.