As our Senior Director, Scientific Services, you are responsible and accountable for leading a team of Directors, Scientific Services with the provision of innovative, high-quality scientific/medical content writing services for multiple programs of varying degrees of complexity and scale. You will report to our VP, Medical & Scientific Strategy.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the attainment of the Scientific Content functional area OKRs
Program/Project Content Development and Delivery:
- Establish overall Content Development priorities, schedules and sub-contracting needs for the Scientific Content functional area in collaboration with the Management Team and Client Service Team
- Support the Directors in juggling the demands of staffing multiple projects with the appropriate resources.
- Oversee assignment of staff to projects with strategic counsel from Executive Team, as needed
- Lead, contribute to and provide strategic insight into the development of content for RFPs; review content proposals and make recommendations ensuring all proposals are scientifically sound. Work with other Management Team members in pitching proposals to clients
- Monitor achievement of all project milestones and budgets to ensure compliance to the contract and taking necessary corrective actions to maintain agreed upon schedules and costs. Consult with the Controller in preparing financial reports (i.e., Project/Job Cost Analysis) and approve the project reconciliation process
Building and Maintaining Client Relationships:
- Confidently build strong relationships with our clients based on our track record of delivering with excellence
- Interface regularly with clients, and other key stakeholders, to ensure content deliverables are in line with commitments and expectations and resolve any issues
- Proactive solicitation and maintenance from a high-level perspective
- Promote a proactive approach to problem solving within the Scientific Content functional area and encourage Directors to anticipate problems and proactively consult with others to identify issues that may impact a projects’ success
Organizational and People Leadership:
- Lead a team of Directors, Scientific Content and provide strategic guidance to them to enable their growth and ensure they successfully manage their teams
- Work with Six Degrees Executive Team to develop effective strategies to achieve revenue and profitability growth
- Provide guidance to Directors on their performance reviews with their reports
- Develop performance objectives and conducts annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance staff
- Determine departmental staffing and training requirements with input from Directors
- Participate in pitches and proactively follow up on potential leads
- Actively engage in and promotes additional revenue opportunities with existing clients
- Partner with the Business Development and Marketing teams to develop strategies for pursuing business opportunities with new and existing clients.
You Will Have:
- MSc in life science, medical, pharmaceutical or relevant fields
- 10 to 15 years’ medical writing experience within the pharmaceutical industry, agency or R&D function
- Successful track record of leading complex clinical/regulatory writing projects
- Experience leading people managers and high performing teams
- Extensive and varied knowledge of: the global pharmaceutical industry and related regulatory and compliance requirements, the medical specialties of our client base, global drug development process and product market needs
- Expert knowledge of the methods, techniques, and procedures of scientific writing tasks
- Confident decision maker, who is able to analyze critically and synthesize complex scientific information from a range of scientific disciplines and clinical therapeutic areas.
- Ability to handle multiple projects under high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Strong client management and influencing skills
- Enjoys working with others, can operate effectively with peers. Strong communication skills
- Integrity, positive attitude, confidence, speed and self-directed with demonstrated passion for Six Degrees vision and mission and committed to working collaboratively with a team of senior professionals.